The following page
will be devoted to cataloguing inspirational movies used by class, teams and
other groups on campus, such as the Writing Center tutors. If you wish to add
your inspirational movie, please email Mr. Sullivan directly.
The Writing Center Tutors watched an inspirational movie every year. All of
the movies show young adults making better decisions than the adults in their
environment; the dramas center around a resilient young hero/heroine.
- The Search for Bobby Fisher, 2001.
- Pay It Forward,2002.
- Wizard of Oz, 2003.
- Whale Rider, 2004.
The Girls JV Squash team watched
- White Squall, 2001.
- Breaking Away, 2002.
- Rudy, 2003.
Mrs. (Peggy) Sullivan list for inspirational movies:
- Ten Things I Hate About You and Save the Last Dance
- Fly Away Home
- Dead Poet Society
- Good Will Hunting
- Finding Forrester (I just visited General Theological Sem in NYC over the
break and all the classroom scenes were filmed in the Refectory there)
- Man in the Moon (Reese Witherspoon in a coming of age film Definitely a
chick flick but one of my favs)
- Shakespeare in Love
- Truly, Madly, Deeply
- Room With a View
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin